I am a PhD student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst working in the PLASMA lab with Arjun Guha. I spent the past summer as a Research Intern at IBM working on Serverless Compositions. I previously worked at iZotope, Inc. developing desktop audio software and hacking together Linux device drivers. My research interests are programming languages, building and verifying systems, and computer networks.
This work appeared at PLDI 2018.
Conferences & Workshops
|2017||NEPLS||Stopify: Web-based Debugging For Free|
- University of Massachusetts - M.S./Ph.D. in Computer Science. In Progress.
- Boston College - B.A. in Computer Science and B.S. in Mathematics. May 2014.
- Research Assistant - University of Massachusetts Amherst. June 2016 - Present.
- with Prof. Arjun Guha
- Research Intern - IBM. May - August 2018.
- with Olivier Tardieu
- Software Engineer - iZotope Inc. June 2014 - June 2016.
- Undergraduate Research Assistant - Boston College. May - September 2013.
- with Prof. Hao Jiang.
Adapton is a library of incremental data structures for performant reuse of sub-computations. I ported probabilistic tries from the original OCaml implementation to Rust and wrote some preliminary benchmarks using tries to implement incremental computation over sets, finite maps, and graphs.
is a family of languages and tools for network programming, providing a semantic foundation for trusting network programs. I hacked on frenetic’s compiler internals and extensions to the NetKAT semantics, playing with expressions of network behaviors and constraints so that network administrators don’t have to hate themselves.
As a software engineer at iZotope, I prototyped the inter-plugin communication seen in their Neutron product using the socket library nanomsg. I identified and fixed race conditions in their in-process and pipe-based transports causing crashes on rebinding and closing sockets.
- Sudha and Rajesh Jha Scholarship - University of Massachusetts Amherst. 2016.
Activities & Service
- PLDI Student Volunteer. Volunteer. June 2017.
- ECOOP Summer School. Attendee. June 2017.
- UMass CICS New Student Committee. Member. 2016 - Present.
- P4 Developer Day. Attendee. November 2016.
- Women in Engineering and Computing Day. Volunteer. October 2016.
- Oregon Programming Languages Summer School. Attendee. June - July 2016.
- Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop. Attendee. POPL 2013.